Hillmann Consulting, LLC maintains a fully licensed in-house laboratory that provides an ever expanding range of analytical services. Our laboratory is staffed by 5 full-time analysts and an Administrative Coordinator. Our Laboratory Director has over a decade of experience performing analyses exclusively for our clients. Our laboratory is equipped to handle after-hours emergencies and provide around-the-clock analysis, if necessary.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC’s laboratory is accredited by AIHA, NELAP through the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), NVLAP, New York State ELAP, California ELAPB, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Texas certification programs. In order to maintain our accreditations with the above mentioned agencies, our laboratory participates in a number of proficiency testing programs; PLM, PCM, and Fungal Spore Round Robins and intra-laboratory proficiency testing programs including AIHA IHPAT, AIHA EMPAT, NY ELAP, NVLAP, ERA Colisure Proficiency Samples, and the CDC Elite Program for Legionella Analysis.
We provide small and large scale analytical services for our clients and individual sample analysis for homeowners concerned about possible asbestos containing materials in their home. Samples can be mailed or walked-in to our laboratory during regular business hours. Our laboratory is located in our corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC provides the following types of analysis:
- Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) analysis of bulk materials for asbestos content utilizing Method EPA600/M4-82-020 & EPA 600/R-93-116
- Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) analysis of air samples for airborne concentration via NIOSH Method 7400
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) analysis
- Dust Characterization
- Total Coliform/E.Coli in drinking water (Presence/Absence using Standard Method 9223B)
- Enterococci (Presence/Absence using ASTM D6503)
- Sewage Swab – Total Coliform/E.Coli/Enterococci (Presence/Absence using Modified Standard Method 9223B & ASTM D6503)
- Legionella – CDC Legionella Procedures 508
- Nuisance Dust – Total Dust via NIOSH Method 0500
- Nuisance Dust – Respirable Dust via NIOSH Method 0600
- Fungal Spore Evaluation (Mold) via Direct Microscopy Analysis or Non-Viable Air Analysis
NVLAP Lab Code: 101421-0